What is CCLVI?
CCLVI is an advocacy membership organization the purposes of which are:
- To establish the right of persons with low vision to make full use of their vision through all available aids, services and technology.
- To provide a mechanism through which low vision people can express their individual needs, interests and preferences.
- To educate the general public, professionals, and low vision people themselves as to the potentialities, capabilities, and needs of low vision people.
- To establish outreach programs to insure that all individuals with low vision have access to necessary services.
- To promote research to prevent blindness, improve maximum utilization of sight, and improve environmental conditions and access for low vision people.
- To support the development of and expansion of pre-service and in-service training programs to improve the quality and quantity of medical and rehabilitative low vision services.
Looking for a Local CCLVI affiliate?
CCLVI has affiliates in many locations across the nation, below is a list of affiliates.
- CCCLV - California Council of Citizens with Low Vision. Contact: Bernice Kandarian, President Email:
- DVCCV - Delaware Valley Council of Citizens with Low Vision.Contact: Glenda Such, PresidentEmail: DVCCLV@cclvi.org
- FCCLV - Flordia Council of Citizens with Low Vision.Contact: Leslie Spoone, PresidentEmail: FCCLV@cclvi.org
- MCLVI - Metropolitan Council of Low Vision Individuals, Greater New YorkContact: Ken Stewart, PresidentEmail: MCLVI@cclvi.org
- NYSCCLV - New York State Council of Citizens with Low Vision.Contact: Kathy Farina, PresidentEmail: NYSCCLV@cclvi.org