Scholarships and Awards.
Access to the Fred Scheigert Scholarship and the Dr. Samuel Genensky Magnification Awards are now open. To access the applications please follow the links available in the Navigation pannel in the sidebar. (Must have an account to access the links. To create your account use the "Create new account" link in the Login pannel.)
Council of Citizens with Low Vision International,
What is CCLVI?
CCLVI is an advocacy membership organization the purposes of which are:
- To establish the right of persons with low vision to make full use of their vision through all available aids, services and technology.
- To provide a mechanism through which low vision people can express their individual needs, interests and preferences.
- To educate the general public, professionals, and low vision people themselves as to the potentialities, capabilities, and needs of low vision people.
- To establish outreach programs to insure that all individuals with low vision have access to necessary services.
- To promote research to prevent blindness, improve maximum utilization of sight, and improve environmental conditions and access for low vision people.
- To support the development of and expansion of pre-service and in-service training programs to improve the quality and quantity of medical and rehabilitative low vision services.
CCLVI also provides opportunities to low vision individuals, such as:
The Fred Scheigert Scholarship Program:
Awarding three (3) students an individual prize of $3,000., this competitive scholarship is available to full-time college students with low vision, chosen from among those who meet the visual acuity and academic guidelines.
Dr. Samuel Genensky Video Magnifyer Award:
The Dr. Sam Genensky Memorial Video Magnifier award is in tribute to the inventor of the CCTV. This award provides multiple video magnifiers of varying brands and styles to students and adults demonstrating a need. To let us know that you are interested in receiving information when our next Dr. Samuel Genensky Video Magnifier Memorial Award application period is open, please email Genensky@cclvi.org with your name and email address.
If you are interested in helping CCLVI you may join CCLVI or make a donation.
Your donations can be made to help in the following areas:
- Publication of Vision Access:
Vision Access published three times a year. This magazine is filled with informational articles concerning issues of the day, new and exciting advancements in technology, and advancements in eye care. It costs on the average $800 to print each issue.
Education is an important part of CCLVI. Annually we provide opportunities for many educational events for our leaders to reach out to those with vision impairments. .
It is important for us to represent those with low vision, annually CCLVI takes part in the ACB Legislative visits to Capital Hill. these trips to Washington DC keep law makers aware of the many issues facing Americans with low vision and vision loss.
- General Fund:
Not sure where to help? By giving to CCLVI your donations will be put to the very best use to assure persons with low vision are kept informed and our programs are improved.
We thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
CCLVI is a non-profit 501c3 organization and your donations are tax deductable.
There are several ways to keep up-to-date on issues concerning those with low vision.
- As a member, you will receive CCLVI's "Vision Access". This informational newsletter is filled with many informitive articles and is published three times a year, available in large print or by email.
- Join one of our e-mail lists to keep up with current happenings
- cclvi-l: is an open list that allows members to pass information to others on the list.
- cclvi-chat: join other low vision individuals in discussing concerns and happenings on this chat list.
Interested in joining one of our e-mail lists? It is simple, complete the request form and you will be added to the list of your choice.